Are you quick with a smile and a helping hand?
Reporting to the General Manager, the host/hostess is responsible for the greeting and seating of all restaurant guests in a prompt, efficient and performing a variety of other tasks within the restaurant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a prompt and warm reception to all guests and find suitable seating, while providing other measures of outstanding customer service.
- Assist in the training and development of new employees.
- Maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the restaurant.
- Promote and communicate food and beverage specials to guests.
- Provide assistance to parties with requests and special needs accommodations. This may include services needed for small children, as well as for individuals with disabilities or food allergies.
- Assist servers with table maintenance and food running.
- Maintain product knowledge of all food and beverage items served.
- Maintain orderly queues. Monitor and measure wait times.
- Maintain a clean work environment. Constantly monitor immediate area and surroundings for trash and debris and assisting in its removal as needed.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Customer service skills – able to exceed guest expectations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Must work well within a restaurant team culture.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a strong initiative.
- A positive and team-oriented attitude.
- You must be able to perform efficiently during high volume peak periods.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.